Tuesday, June 1, 2010

T Minus 8 hours

So I leave at 8 am tomorrow (or 7 if I wake up). Bike is packed and ready to go, did a quick 15 mile run with it packed to see how it feels with the extra weight, balanced and nothing poking me anywhere. Plus I got gas. I keep all my need to get to quick stuff in the tankbag, and the rest of it is my clothes, tools and misc gear.

The first two pictures are of my bike with all the bags and gear (notice the state map on the right tail fairing). The tools are stuffed into a PVC pipe container, with just enough room to get everything in. The smallish army case bungied to the top has my ratchet straps so that I can hitch a ride with Sixxxer on the way back.

Third picture is my view, GPS and roller directions on the left. What you cant see is the Ipod and cell which are hidden under the clear plastic tank bag cover. I duct taped the wires to the tankbag to keep them from flailing around at speed. The only 'rouge' wire is to my earbuds, and that has an extra chord between the earbuds and the Ipod which hangs off the bag so I can easily disconnect from the bike . Also not visible is my throttle lock which is great for long stretches of roads where I can switch hand and give my right hand a break.

The last photo is my direction list for the rollers. Really the directions are easy. PA turnpike to I-81 south, which turns into I-40. Then some local roads to Trips house, and from there back roads to the Copperhead Lodge.




No comments: